Artichoke Garlic White Sauce & Kale Pasta
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, quartered, 14.1 oz (drained)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic (Or 10 peeled cloves)
- 1 Tbsp dried sage (Can sub 12 fresh leaves or 1 Tbsp thyme)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 bag (approx. 5 oz.) angel hair pasta (or whatever pasta you prefer)
- 1 bag frozen shredded root vegetable hashbrowns (approx. 12 oz)
- 1/2 bag frozen chopped kale (approx. 8 oz)
- Boil water for pasta. If cooking a thicker pasta, consider adding the noodles sooner. Angel hair cooks in 2-4 minutes, so it can be done last.
- Add sauce ingredients to blender and blend till silky smooth.
- Add bag of frozen root vegetables and a dash of olive oil to a non-stick pan to warm.
- While veggies cook, add your angel hair to the boiling water (2-4 min). Stir it every so often to keep from sticking.
- Drain pasta through a colander, add it to your pan with the veggies, and immediately top with the blended sauce.
- Add the chopped kale, fold into the sauce and noodles as everything heats up (2-3 minutes) – serve hot!
- To dress this delicious dish up further, you can garnish it with lemon zest, fresh parsley, freshly ground black pepper, or vegan parmesan.
- Use whatever pasta YOU prefer. I like angel hair because it cooks quickly and carries flavor brilliantly.